Rebel Net forums are dedicated to the discussion of UNLV athletics and
recruiting. We want this to be an enjoyable, friendly and entertaining
environment for the exchange of ideas, opinions, information, rumors and more
about the Rebels.
We ask you to keep the conversation civil and in good taste. Keep in mind that
this forum is read by young and old UNLV fans, by male and female Rebel
supporters, by prospective recruits and their families, by coaches and
university employees, and by people in office environments and at home around
We will monitor the board under the following guidelines:
• Keep the tone civil. Feel free to ask, debate and disagree as much as you
like, but do it in a courteous and respectful manner.
• Profanity or obscenities of any kind are not allowed, not even if disguised
• Slanderous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, lewd, pornographic, violent,
abusive, insulting, threatening and harassing comments are not tolerated. No
personal attacks or disparaging comments may be made on recruits, current UNLV
student-athletes or coaches as members of all three groups may potentially read
it. "Disparaging" includes anything that could be construed as libelous. You can
question the decisions of coaches, comment on the play of a team and discuss an
opponent. Just do it in a respectful, responsible manner.
• Personal attacks upon other posters are not allowed.
• Passive aggressive or outright aggressive posts that are meant to either
divide the community, draw attention to oneself, or to keep alive a debate that
has run its course will not be tolerated. Repetitive posts used in an effort to
skew the board may be deleted upon the discretion of site administrators and
• No copyrighted material is allowed. Please use links instead of reposting
material from another site.
• Use good judgment when posting signature photos. Women must be wearing shorts
and tops. Also, signatures should be a reasonable length and width.
• Please do not promote Rebel-Net.com on any competitor's site. In turn, we
expect the same courtesy to be shown here. Linking to a competitor's site will
not be allowed. Administrators and moderators reserve the right to delete posts
containing such material.
• No advertising of any for-profit organizations, ventures or businesses is
• We reserve the right to edit or delete any post that doesn't meet these
guidelines. We may delete profanity or a personal attack from an otherwise
informative post. Administrators and moderators also reserve the right to move
posts or threads to the appropriate forum.
• We reserve the right to blacklist anyone who doesn't abide by these
guidelines. We will try to issue warnings before blacklisting anyone, but gross
offenders will not receive warnings.
• A rule of thumb – if you wouldn't want your mother, your 11-year-old sister,
brother, son or daughter, or your employer or co-worker to see the photo you are
using as a signature or the message you've just posted, don't put it on the
• The following is Rivals.com statement about the message boards as part of your
The Rivals network is supported by advertising and the generous donations of
services by several companies. The forums, chat rooms and other services are
provided free of charge to users with the understanding that they are to be used
for reasonable forms of communication, and not for "flaming," libel, or slander.
Users are responsible for the content of their own posts. By signing up to
participate in the Rivals services, or by using these services you agree that
Rivals is in no way responsible for the content of these services. By signing up
to post on our forums and chat rooms, you agree that you are responsible for any
content which you post, and that you will not post copyrighted content, illegal
content, or other content that Rivals would find objectionable.
Rivals reserves the right to delete any post which it feels is inflammatory,
libelous, or in any way contrary to the purpose of the Rivals network; however,
as stated above, Rivals deletes these posts as a courtesy to readers and is not
responsible for the content of posts that may or may not be deleted in a prompt
Rivals also reserves the right to "blacklist" any user for any reason at any
time. Any user that is blacklisted will no longer be able to post to any of
Rivals' forums or chat rooms. Repeated abuse by a poster under several email
addresses and nicknames will subject the user to notification of their behavior
to their ISP and publishing of their personal information, including email
addresses and phone number.